Lemon-infused ricotta pancakes are a must for us, especially at the height of lemon season. We have made them with Eureka lemons as well as Meyer lemons, and both are equally heavenly.
- To make the batter, place the flour, baking powder, brown sugar, eggs, milk, ricotta, and lemon zest and juice into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour half of the blueberries into a bowl and mash with a fork until broken up. Pour in the batter and mix to combine.
- To make the lemon cream, in a bowl, whisk together the mascarpone with the lemon zest and juice. Set aside.
- Place a large frying pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the butter and swirl the pan to coat the bottom evenly.
- Working in batches, for each pancake pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan. Cook until small bubbles appear on the surface and the bottom is golden, about 2 minutes. Using a spatula, flip the pancakes and cook until golden brown and cooked through.
- Arrange the pancakes on a warm platter and cover with a kitchen towel to keep warm while you finish the rest.
- Toss the remaining blueberries into the hot pan and cook until warmed through, about 1 minute. To serve, sprinkle the pancakes with the blueberries and dust with the confectioner’s sugar. Serve the lemon cream on the side.
Reprinted with permission from “Citrus,” by Valerie Aikman-Smith and Victoria Pearson, copyright © 2015, published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC. Photograph copyright © 2015 by Victoria Pearson.