Zucchini Corn Muffins
Like good corn bread, these zucchini corn muffins are a little crunchy on top and just the right mix of crumbly and soft inside. They make a great addition to any zucchini repertoire and are the perfect portable snack or breakfast.
Note: You’ll also need a 12-count muffin baking pan and 12 greased muffin liners or 12 freeform baking paper liners. To make the freeform muffin liners, cut 4-inch squares from baking paper and press into the muffin pan holes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grate the zucchini through the large holes of the grater, which should yield about 2 cups. Squeeze out excess moisture and place in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs and milk to the zucchini. Mix well until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Add to the zucchini mixture and stir to combine.
- Line the baking pan with the liners. Divide the batter evenly among them.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack.
Kate Kosaya is a New York City-based food photographer, stylist, and content creator. She spends her free time cooking, collecting props, and blogging about life and food at LublYou.com.