In this dressing, the intense saltiness and flavor of the miso is balanced by the acidity in the rice wine vinegar and the subtle spiciness of the ginger with a touch of sweetness from the mirin. Try serving with brown or white rice or soba noodles. For medium-rare salmon, reduce the cooking time by two minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Mix the miso, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, rice wine, and mirin in a small bowl.
- Arrange the salmon on the parchment pieces and divide half the dressing between the four pieces, gently rubbing it in.
- Divide the broccoli and scallions between the packets and then pour the remaining dressing on top. Seal the packets.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes for medium. Remove and open carefully.
Recipe by Yasmin Fahr
Yasmin Fahr is a food writer and author of the cookbook, Keeping it Simple. She has a penchant for cheesy phrases, lemons, fresh herbs, feta and cumin (as you’ll soon see). She attended Cornell University and then completed a Master’s degree in Food Studies from New York University. Her writing and recipes have appeared online and in print publications such as The Kitchn, Washington Post, Epicurious, TASTE, Bon Appetit, Serious Eats, Food & Wine, Olive, and The Telegraph and others. She currently lives in NYC with previous stints in London and Los Angeles. Please say hi to her online at @yasminfahr!