Pumpkin pie tastes awesome with a gingersnap crust (and it’s easier than a regular pie crust!). This is a perfect, traditional pumpkin pie—and you can opt for an optional sprinkle of toasted pecans and toffee bits to really take it over the top.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix all of the crust ingredients in a bowl. Press evenly onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate (if you use a pie plate with a removable bottom, place it on a baking sheet).
- Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Leave the oven on for the pie.
- Whisk all filling ingredients in a large bowl and pour into the cooled crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until the pie is just set in the middle (it will still jiggle a little, but a knife inserted into the middle will come out custardy, not liquidy).
- When the pie is done, sprinkle toasted pecans and toffee bits in a wide border around the edge of the hot pie. Cool the pie completely on a wire rack before slicing. Serve with whipped cream.
Recipe by Tara Tuckwiller