In The Naked Cookbook, Tess Ward introduces healthy, nutrient-packed dishes delivering plenty of flavor and satisfaction.
Baked meatballs are a bit of a revelation; they achieve a pleasing oven-roasted crispness on top, but they are soft and mouthwateringly tender underneath.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Put the ground pork, bread crumbs, garlic, ginger, lemon zest, and paprika in a mixing bowl. Add the cilantro, molasses, honey, salt, and a little pepper. Using your hands, mix together well and then form the mixture into 12 to 14 patties.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, then fry the patties until brown on both sides. Place in a shallow ovenproof dish and add enough stock to come three-quarters of the way up the patties. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a little oil in the pan used to cook the patties. Add the bok choy, sliced side down, and fry for a couple of minutes until golden and soft, adding 1 tablespoon of water halfway through to prevent burning.
- Ladle the porkballs and cooking liquid into shallow bowls, add the bok choy and a grinding of pepper, and serve.
Reprinted with permission from The Naked Cookbook, copyright © 2016 Tess Ward. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.