cloves peeled garlic
Pinch sea salt
Pinch red pepper flakes
Jonathan Waxman brought Californian cuisine to New York in the 1980s when he opened Jams, focusing on simple and clean ingredients. Here, you’ll find his fresh herb-focused pesto recipe.
- Cut garlic in half, remove germ.
- Smash garlic and place in a mortar.
- Add pinch salt, pine nuts and cheese, turn into a paste with a pestle.
- Mince basil and parsley, add to mortar, using pestle swirl in the oil.
- Season with pepper flakes and salt.