This ginger-laced cauliflower dish offers a fine counterpoint to a rich meat dish like Badmaash’s Butter Chicken. You can easily throw it together on the stovetop while your main dish cooks, and sprinkle a handful of cilantro leaves and julienned ginger on top for some added freshness before setting it out on the table.
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan on medium heat. Add cumin seeds and swirl in pan for 30 seconds, until they start to pop. (Cumin powder will work as well). Add half the ginger and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower florets, turmeric, and a couple tablespoons of water and mix well. Cover and allow to steam in its own juices. Season with salt.
- Add sweet green peas and chile peppers, and cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Feel the cauliflower stem with a fork. If tender, it’s done.
- Serve in a large bowl. Garnish with remaining ginger and cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.