I love a dessert that requires no baking skills, especially in the summertime. This sweet-meets-savory approach takes only a few minutes to throw together and has a sophisticated, laid-back energy that I think we’d all like to channel this summer.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Whisk in the crème fraîche, 1 tablespoon of the honey, the vanilla, and the kosher salt until smooth. Taste and add more honey or vanilla if desired. Chill until ready to serve.
- Preheat a (well-scraped) grill to medium-high, or an oven to 450ºF. In a medium bowl, toss the halved apricots with the remaining honey and the olive oil until thoroughly coated.
- To grill: grease the grates and place the apricots on the grill, flesh side down. Close the grill and allow to cook, undisturbed, until the flesh is well caramelized and charred in places, about 2–3 minutes. Turn the apricot halves, cover, and grill for another 1–2 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish.
- To roast: place a sheet tray in the oven to preheat for a few minutes. Add the apricots to the sheet pan, flesh side down, and immediately place in the oven. Roast for 5–8 minutes, until the fruit is tender and the flesh sides are caramelized and golden. Flip and roast for an additional 2 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Top the apricot halves with a generous dollop of the crème fraîche mixture. Top with the chopped pistachios, a sprinkle of flaky sea salt, and a drizzle of your favorite olive oil. Serve immediately.
Megan Litt is a Brooklyn-based cook & recipe developer.