This breakfast “cake” uses 3 cups of rolled oats instead of flour. I enjoy making this at the beginning of the week—which is as close to meal prep as I get! It’s warm and comforting from the spices, fruit, and nuts, and it’s filling in the best way from the fiber-licious oats (and happens to be gluten-free!). Smear your favorite yogurt on a piece if you’d like some faux frosting on top.
1 8-inch cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and place a rack in the middle of the oven. Spray an 8- or 9-inch square baking pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, add the melted butter, milk, brown sugar, jam, and eggs. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in the blackberries and pecans, if using.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly. Bake until the center of the cake is set and browned along the edges, 35 to 40 minutes. Enjoy warm or at room temperature. STORAGE: The cake can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days. To reheat, zap it in the microwave, or reheat in a 350°F oven until warm, about 5 minutes.